To help provide a wide range of activities and events the Trust works in partnership with other organisations and agencies. Our activities include:
- English Conversation Classes: 1:30-3pm on Thursdays & Fridays with creche provision for Friday class. These classes are run in conjunction with NUSU Go Volunteer. Free. Please register by contacting the centre.
- Parent and Toddler Group: 9:30-11:30 am on Thursdays during term time. Activities include story time and song time, parents are encouraged to join in too. We also have an outdoor area with a sand pit. Healthy snacks of fresh fruit are provided for the children at each session. This group is run by our volunteers Anne and Stephen. Free, suggested donation £1.
- Arts and Crafts Group: Friday afternoons 4 pm-5.30 pm during term time. This group is for children aged 8-12 years of age and is run in conjunction with NUSU Go Volunteer. Free.
- Toy Library– 11.30 am- 12.45 pm every Thursday morning during term time. Drop-in sessions with new toys & games. Suitable for babies, toddlers, children of pre-school age and their parents and carers. Sessions are free and to borrow toys to take home it is just £1 membership for the whole year.
- Junk Music: 8 week course on Tuesdays during term time, 5 pm-6.30 pm. This is an inclusive group working across abilities and disabilities. Please register for this free 8 week course by contacting the centre.
- Sports Connect: working with children and young people with additional needs in Newcastle to get them connected into inclusive sports activities.
- Over 55’s Wellbeing Group: Starts early 2018. Working with an arts facilitator to produce a communal piece of craft to illustrate what they love about the community in which they live. Free.
- We provided various events, festivals, and projects during the year for the community which are advertised in advance.
- The Trust manages the Access Fund on behalf of Newcastle City Council for children with additional needs and disabilities.
For further information contact us at email@example.com.
Centre Hire for Meetings & Events
The Trust also allows for the Centre to be hired out for meeting and events. For further information on this and to check availability please email/ring Nunsmoor on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 2774464.
Go Digital WiFi and Public Access Computers
In the Nunsmoor Centre Reception we have 2 public access computers, they are available for use by adults, Monday to Friday, 9:30am until 4pm, with the maximum time slot being 30 minutes per person.